Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Gypsy Doctors.


Not a very apt title, but ‘gypsy’ was the first word that came to my mind when I thought of ‘Radiologists’- the super rich guys who read the ultrasound scans, CT scans and other such incomprehensible radiological images.
I’m having my RD (Radio Diagnosis) posting now (1 week down, 1 more to go) and trust me, there’s hardly anything that I’m able to make out from the images displayed on the screen.
Oh yes! The liver looks like a liver! And the urinary bladder can be seen coz of the urine! But that’s to it!!! And even these two can be identified (by me) coz of the strategic placement of the probe on the exact anatomical surface where these organs are situated in the body.
Otherwise….my… my… my…
It feels like looking into an ocean and trying to make out the shape of the waves and estimating their heights and assigning them names…

Phewww!!!

But, the radiologists.. they smoothly glide the probe and look at the ridiculous screen and go on blabbering their findings-
Right kidney’ parenchyma thinned out….. pelvis measuring blah blah blah… ureter dilated blah blah blah……




It reminds me of those stories and movies where gypsies and tantriks dressed up in heavy (and funky) jewellery sit scrying at crystal balls and mirrors and water filled vessels….
And a little abracadabra
And lo !!! your past, present, future are right before their eyes!!!
But, who, other than the blessed-with-superhero-vision gypsies and tantriks, has ever seen anything in a crystal ball or a magic mirror???


The last time a ‘customer’ had seen anything in a medium of ‘vision’ was when the Princess Alisha had gone gaga over a steaming Made-in-India-Milind-Somans view in an equally steaming pot of magical water….
That was in 1995…..BACKKKKK INNN THEEE DAYSSSS………… ;P


P.S- watch the Made in India music video on you tube.. :) Milind looks sooooo young.....:) *wow* :)





4 comments:

Susie Clevenger said...

I love this..calling radiologists "gypsies" Their crystal ball is covered in bones and organs...they will tell you what they find and give a prognosis, but they are not God so they can be wrong. Again I love it..It made me smile :)

Susie Clevenger said...

I shared this on facebook. I loved your humor so I thought more should read you! I have nominated you for the Versatile blog award:http://confessionsofalaundrygoddess.blogspot.com/2011/10/versatile-blogger-award.html

JaLpArI - tHe MeRmAiD said...

:)) Thank you so so so so so much. this made me sooo happy :))

Steve E said...

Yup! this was a 'smile' read. Some fun--exacting is a foreign word to science. See what is happening to Einstein's theories--into the trash, start from scratch! I LOVE it!

At least you can tell if there is urine in my bladder. Maybe? --grin!
thank you, Almas!